Tags

,

We are onto the collar! I love the collar stand on this pattern which makes it stand up away from the coat like a real collar!
I took extra care with it to make sure it was a professional finish.
For example I used iron on interfacing but then cut it back so it was not in my seam allowance. The fabric is quite stiff so it was a tricky piece of work! I was really hoping the photos would tell the story of the collar stand, however I have just had a look and the iPad has put them in the wrong order! Good luck with understanding this post! I will change them when I get a minute!
IMG_1351-1.JPG

IMG_1350-1.JPG

IMG_1353-0.JPG

IMG_1352-1.JPG

IMG_1355-0.JPG

IMG_1354-0.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG
I was pleased with how the collar attached and is making this a fantastic looking trench so far- I am really happy!
Pattern: Burda 7237
Fabric: 3 m of gaberdine from Calico Laine
Notions: iron on interfacing
Changes: all good on the collar!
Wonkiness…..it has to be 9/10 on the sewing as it is looking good! Perhaps 2/10 for the blog post!
I wanted it like this…..

IMG_1337.JPG

Advertisements