The bow! Woo woo..at last.
It has taken so long to write these posts……here is a reminder.
I am sewing this Burda 7237
Because I saw this on a famous burlesque dancer walking through LAX courtesy of google images…
So now it’s time for making the bow.
I knew it needed to be quite big and also a different shape to the usual bows I create, so it was quite a trial and error type of bow!
I knew I needed it to be roundish but also create some narrowing. I sewed pin tucks in one of the pieces and then cut the back of it to fit the new size. Turned it through.
I made the bow after I had sewn the collar to make sure it was the right size.
I then made the back of the bow from a long strip of fabric which is interfaced turned through and actually stitched onto the trench with the machine.
Next job was attaching the bow on to this part which I did as much as possible with the machine to hold it securely.
Finally I inserted the sleeves which was quite tricky due to the gaberdine being quite strong! I tried gathering but on reflection I think I should have pleated it.
I gave it a good press and added the buttonholes in the exact place to make sure it fit properly!
Next post………the final instalment!
Pattern: Burda 7237
Notions: 3 metres of gaberdine from Calico Laine
Wonkiness: 8/10 as only the dodgy lining over the pleat!